Friday, March 2, 2012

Kristen's Best of Fall 2012 Fashion Roundup

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about the fashion world, and it shows. Fashion is a very (very) casual interest for me! It gives me inspiration for things I want to sew, and who doesn't love looking at gorgeous clothing every now and then?

I haven't been into fashion for very long, but I've been interested in it for long enough to have a good handful of designers I am completely smitten with. So without further ado, I present my top 3 Fall 2012 collections.


1. Marchesa


I have a very special place in my heart for Marchesa. Their gowns were what first got me interested in fashion, and they never fail to make me gasp aloud when looking at runway pictures. Their use of lace and beaded detailing is spectacular, and completely inspirational. I love their work so much that I even vowed not to get married in anything other than a Marchesa gown! (Which means I probably won't be getting married, let's be real).






















 These are hands down my 2 favorite pieces from the collection. I adore the use of sheer fabric, and I wish I could be good enough at sewing to use it myself. The gold skeleton detail on the first gown is breathtaking. And the embroidery on the red gown is too perfect for words. 

2. Meadham Kirchhoff

Meadham Kirchhoff first won me over with their riot grrrl inspired Spring 2011 collection (anything with riot grrrl has my automatic support, so they didn't really have to work hard for it). Since then, they've wowed me with outrageous designs that look like they belong more on dolls than people. Bright colors and poofy layering are abound at a Meadham Kirchhoff show.









































LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY. Seriously flawless. I am not lying when I say that I would wear every single one of these. Chunky sweaters, flowy skirts, and all the layering. Not to mention the killer make up and the David Bowie jackets. 

3. Mary Katrantzou

I'm rather new to Mary Katrantzou; I first saw her in Vogue some months ago. I was immediately smitten with her perfectly played out prints and egg-shaped skirts and dresses. Brightly patterened dresses are my inspiration for this summer, mostly because of her. 
     





































I would like to take a moment and ask you to look at the yellow dress again (assuming you actually looked at it in the first place). Look closely. Yes, those are actual pencils on the skirt. Have I not won you over yet? Take a peek at the other prints. LOOK. Ms. Katrantzou is a goddess with Photoshop (or whatever). She used images of everyday objects in her prints, which is brilliant and perfect and the best in every single way. 


"Best of" runners up: Balmain, Creatures of the Wind, Prabal Gurung, Rodarte, and one more that was soooo Margot Tenenbaum, but I forgot who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment